As a responsible Corporate Citizen, OGDCL attaches greater significance to HSE system with a view to promoting a culture and attitude of compliance for the safety & wellbeing of our manpower, community and the environment. We resolutely believe that responsibility for health, safety, and environment cannot be delegated, it is a shared responsibility across the company.
2. We believe in good HSE performance that can ultimately contribute to business success. By supplying energy, we fundamentally support economic development and help to improve quality of life of people. Our activities also generate jobs, investment, infrastructure and revenues for governments and local communities. In carrying out all our activities, hence we ensure welfare of the indigenous communities, protection of ecosystems and safety of our workforce.
3. As we continue our exploration and production activities basing our growth on a sound foundation of technical and financial prudence, we are supporting health, safety, and environment initiatives by:
a. Promoting a positive culture based on improving HSE performance.
b. Compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and adhere to applicable standards and procedures.
c. Endeavoring to take every reasonable and practicable step to eliminating hazards, practices and behaviors that could cause accidents, injuries or illness and damage to nature & properties.
d. Taking resolute measures to reinforce that all employees share an ethical responsibility in embracing no smoking and no drugs policy.
e. Taking proactive steps and striving towards conservation of the environment, implementing controls to eliminate pollution and environmental harm.
f. Provision of training and resources for workforce to maintain safe systems of work.
g. Ensuring that Location Emergency Response Plans are in place to deal with and recover from emergencies and shall notify timely all relevant stakeholders during the emergencies.
h. Integrating HSE management into all aspects of the organization by leveraging on people, process and technology.
i. Employing contractors who aspire to the high HSE standards at all times, and recognize that HSE is everyone's responsibility.
j. Continue to address the impacts of our operations by focusing on the Leading Indicators.
4. OGDCL strives to be good Corporate Citizen in every community in which we operate. Through observance and encouragement of this policy, we aim to assist in protecting the environment and the overall wellbeing of all of our stakeholders, specifically, our employees, clients, shareholders, subcontractors, and communities.
5. OGDCL recognizing that effective system of risk management can lead to business success has recently promulgated its Risk Management policy and a comprehensive program was launched for training and awareness of the employees towards effective risk management. OGDCL have conducted risk management exercises at all fields and major risks have been identified. OGDCL top 10 Corporate Risks have been presented to the Board of Directors and are being controlled/managed as per directions of the Risk management Committee of the Board.
6. OGDCL won Fire and Safety Award 2016 organized by National Forum for Environment and Health for its effective arrangements for fire prevention.
7. OGDCL participated in 2nd International Summit on Environment, Health, safety & Security organized by the Professionals Network and awarded shield for its remarkable efforts in Environment, Health and Safety activities in Pakistan.
8. In continuation of ISO certifications for Dhodak and Qadirpur, OGDCL has achieved ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications for Dakhni and Chanda/Mela.
9. OGDCL being the first company in Pakistan introduced environment friendly and cost effective treatment of waste pits by floating treating wetlands.