Roles & Functions
Training Institute provides basic training to the petroleum industry graduates and technicians enabling their career induction, as well as refresher and advance training to experienced professionals in all three streams of petroleum in general, and upstream in particular.
- In pursuance of this mission, Training Institute identifies diverse training needs of the industry, evolves progressive and dynamic training programmes in coordination/collaboration with the entire industry as well as concerned universities, while also offering valuable advice.
- Training Institute organizes in-house technology update seminars, inviting outstanding professionals/ expertise, to facilitate absorption of state of the art techniques.
- Training Institute also organizes short courses and seminars in various other technical and administrative allied support areas of petroleum industry.
- Training Institute offers all training and administrative support to conduct wide ranging seminars and courses for Pakistan Petroleum Exploration & Production Companies Association (PPEPCA) Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Pakistan Association of Petroleum Geoscientists (PAPG), often sponsored by the industry.
- Training Institute conducts petroleum industry field trips for industry professionals & visitors for training and familiarization.
- Training Institute also organizes short courses on specific technology training on other demand.